fredag 11. juni 2010

Sheppard

I was offered a position as a chief dog here at Maifrin in 2009. They were so desperate that my good heart just could not turn them down.
To be honest, even though it is hard work, and turning this place into a dog runned place take a little longer than I first though (OK, a lot) I like it here, and it is the best place I have ever lived.

I am somewhere between 2-4 years. Somewhere in my best age I say.

My life didn’t start that good, and I don’t like to think too much about it.
Maybe I was chained to a short leash and had to beg for everything, and maybe I was hit rather a lot, but this is in the past now. Today I don’t panic when people touch my collar or my ribs. I realize that I don’t have to fight for my food anymore, and that actually not all food is my food (but that is still a little difficult, I just have their very best in my mind, as I want them to keep fit). What I still can’t handle tough, are male humans with a naked upper body. I am sorry but then I just can’t keep the panic in bay.

One day I managed to get away, I do not recall the details I am afraid, so I don’t know if I escaped or if they tried to kill me by shooting. Maybe that was two different episodes, I don’t know and I don’t really care. The important thing is that I got away.

I was hit by a car, and yes I was hurt rather badly. I went to hide myself so I would bee safe. But some human found me after a couple of days. That was a very strange experience, because this was kind humans. This was a completely new experience for me. They brought me to a vet, and this vet treated me. I soon felt better. Still my tail went limb, and the the vets have told me that when I get older they most likely have to remove it, in the meantime and I happy with it as it is.


After I got better I was transferred to a very nice dog shelter. I moved into an apartment with a nice older fellow and when I was not there I was down by the river having a bath. I played with the other dogs and life had never been better.


One day this old dog and one of his human appeared. They wanted to interview me for the position as Chief Dog. They interviewed several candidates, but off course I was the best one. After several conversations we agreed that I should move in and start the work.


I arrived here at Maifrin, and I liked it. There was no doubt, this was my new home. I have decided that I am going to stay here for the rest of my life, and in the meantime I am working on some small improvements. Like dogs should be the boss of everything. Chickens need to be herded. Etc etc etc. In the meantime, life is good.


Many years have gone since my last update. I am now 7 or 8 years old but still fit as a fiddle. Well, if you overlook the athrites in my back area and a knee acting up ever so often. My tail is still here, so I am a happy camper. 


I know work harder than ever. Beauty has become totally senile, and watching over him takes so much time that I have actually got myself an assistent. Vagabond moved in almost a year ago. He is annoying most of the time, always just want to goof around, but he is good with Beauty and know how to herd the geese, so I kind of like him a bit as well. 


Still going strong, and planning to continue to do just so!! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar